Kameleon Jewelry Care
All Kameleon Jewelry designs are made of .925 sterling silver and have been finely crafted to accept your JewelPop inserts. The Jewel Pops are set with enamels and precious and synthetic stones. As with all precious metal jewelry special care should be taken, so we have provided you with some easy to follow tips to maintain your jewelry in as-new condition.
Store jewelry separately so it doesn’t scratch other jewelry. Wrap each piece in fine fabric, or use a jewelry box with individual storage compartments. Semi-precious stones can scratch silver or pearls.
- When doing household tasks such as gardening and cleaning, be certain to remove rings.
- Put your jewelry on after washing and applying any makeup, cosmetics or hair spray.
- Take off your jewelry before cleaning or participating in athletic activities, especially while swimming in a swimming pool. The chlorine can cause damage to various gemstones and silver. Gemstones may become loose in their settings (and possibly fall out).
- Avoid storing your jewelry next to a heating vent, window sill or on a car dashboard. Sunlight can cause many colored gemstones to fade.
- Always be gentle with your jewelry. Never tug on gem settings or toss your pieces carelessly in a pile-you may loosen your gem settings, and your pieces may wind up nicked and scratched.
- Never use an ultra sonic cleaner (cleans by using sound waves) on your Kameleon Jewelry. This will strip off the protective coat that helps to keep it tarnish free. It is always preferable to buff clean with a silver polishing cloth.