About the products
What is Kameleon Jewelry?
Kameleon Jewelry is the world’s first, patent pending, sterling silver jewelry collection that offers interchangeability across the entire spectrum of jewelry design. The Collection’s 40 base jewelry designs include rings, earrings, pendants, bracelets, necklaces and pins, with natural flowing lines. Each piece is carefully crafted to accept small interchangeable inserts called JewelPops.
What are JewelPops?
JewelPops are the small interchangeable inserts that can be popped in and out of the Kameleon Jewelry designs. The JewelPops come in a rainbow of colors and materials. Some are set with semi-precious stones, Swarovski Crystal, synthetic opals or sparkling cubics and sport outrageous names like ‘Mochalicious’ (Brown Mabe Shell) and ‘Midnight at the Oasis’ (Blue Sunstone), adding a real element of fun to the Collection.
How many JewelPops are available?
There are currently almost 100 designs of JewelPops available. We plan on releasing new JewelPops twice a year.
How does the system work?
Changing a JewelPop insert is a simple and elegant process. Simply apply a little pressure while pushing down on the insert with your finger. You will hear a reassuring pop or click indicating the JewelPop is in position and secure. To remove and replace with a different insert merely push from behind with your finger or use the small plastic JewelCap that comes with each jewelry design and the JewelPop will pop out. It’s that easy, very secure and no special tools are needed.
Do I need a special tool?
No you do not need a special tool to change JewelPops. Many People can use their finger it is that easy. Some may find using their finger difficult so we have provided a JewelCap with each piece.
What is a JewelCap?
JewelCaps are the small plastic tool that comes with each piece of Kameleon jewelry. They are shaped much like a JewelPop. Some people find it easier to use these than their fingers when changing out their JewelPops.
Can all of the JewelPops be inserted into any piece of Kameleon Jewelry?
Yes the system has been designed so that you can wear any JewelPop with any piece of Kameleon Jewelry.
What does this mean? What are some of the advantages?
- Flexibility & Uniqueness Our interchangeable JewelPop inserts are universal in size so the same JewelPop you wear in your ring today can be popped in your pendant tomorrow, your bracelet the day after … Jewelry is no longer a static design, but a fluid piece that can be perpetually customized in an unlimited number of combinations.
- Fun ‘JewelPoppers’ will find it hard to resist playing with their JewelPops and each one has a special name like ‘Mochalicious’ (Brown Mabe Pearl) or ‘Midnight at the Oasis (Blue Sunstone) adding a real element of fun to the Collection.
- Interchangeability There are other interchangeable products on the market, but none can match Kameleon’s ability to interchange across the entire spectrum of jewelry design – rings, earrings, pendants, bracelets, necklaces and pins!
- Traveling Travel is now a breeze with our Kameleon Jewelry System. Grab our custom compact, KC1, that carries 14 JewelPops, a couple of your favorite Kameleon Jewelry pieces and you have all the jewelry you need to match every outfit in your suitcase.
- Color and Fashion Kameleon is all about matching wardrobe and or mood with your jewelry. JewelPop interchangeable inserts are available in a rainbow of colors with new styles to be introduced twice a year. With our stylish designs it’s never been easier to look great.
- Easy to Use It’s as easy as 1,2,3 yet very secure. Just push down from the top to insert and gently push out from the back. Really, it’s that easy!!
Are the JewelPops Secure once they have been inserted into the Kameleon Jewelry piece?
Yes, the JewelPops once seated in the jewelry, are very secure. We have tested this product extensively for over two years and have never had a JewelPop accidentally fall out.
Is this magnetic?
No our system is not magnetic as magnetic systems have many disadvantages. Our system uses a rubber seal to secure the JewelPop.
Will the rubber seals ever wear out?
Eventually the rubber seals may wear out or become damaged through misuse. We have conducted over 50 separate tests on the seals. In all our testing each rubber seal continued to function after 5000 cycles. It is important to note, that even if the seals do wear out your JewelPop will not fall out nor is it broken. Simply replace the seal with a new one and you are good to go. Replacement seals are available from all Kameleon retailers.
How much do Kameleon Jewelry pieces retail for?
Our finely crafted designs retail for between $22.00 and $249.00
What about the JewelPops? How much do they cost?
The JewelPops retail for $29.00 to $54.00, depending on the setting and materials used.
Is there anything else I should know?
Yes. The designers of Kameleon Jewelry have always wanted to give something back to the world we live in. With our jewelry design taking inspiration from the natural world it seemed instinctive that all our packaging material and in store display be 100% recyclable. Even the acrylic display material can be returned to the company for recycling!
A portion of profits generated by the Kameleon Jewelry Collection will also be donated to a non profit environmental group.